Thursday, June 25, 2009

What the muck

I wrote the longest blog entry possible. It was a Booker prize winning story. Humour tha, emotion tha, ladki thi, ladka tha - and for good measure SUSPENSE bhi tha. It was a story jisko padkhe Julia Roberts bolti- "Ouii maa ! kya mast likha hai ! iss par ek movie banao. Mujhe act karna hai." And George Clooney ka agent would spend sleepless nights hunting for my number kyonki George wanted to have a private word with the author-ess who had written this magical stuff.

I was just a "Publish" button away from global stardom, limosine rides, award cheques, Oscar for best original story and my George Clooney when the battery of my fudging laptop died. And as the screen went blank and as my immortal soul loudly shouted Muck (or something that rhymes with it) and as the precariously balanced glass of lassi fell from the bed (bachcho dont eat on the bed. dining table par sulaoongi varna), my dreams of walking the red carpet with Johnny Depp as arm candy vanished in thin air. Because as all us great authors know- we only have one great masterpiece in us - and that untitled beautiful sheer poetry of reading delight was mine.

Anyway while I wallow in self pity for the next 6 hours, 'A' I hope this is funny enough for you to read in the morning.

3 comments:

Chaos said...

awwwwwwwwwww!!! i am so sorrrryyy to hear thattt.... (devilish evil looking glint in eyes)..... but since your masterpiece no longer exists i can send my masterpiece ishtory over and get julia roberts and george clooney to act in that and earn gazillions of dollars........ :-s...he he he he he :D

Anonymous said...

Dang that must've been a downer, par koi nai. Chin up, no self pitying, if not Johnny Depp, I'm sure Johnathan Rhys Meyers or Ryan Reynolds will ask you to out.

Oh and just a word of caution for next time, write your stories in gmail so the autodraft saves at least something or use word and hit crtl & S on a regular basis.

Arrivederci

idle times said...

How sweeet!:)