Monday, June 29, 2009

Oye its friday! Psych

Okay okay so no more stories. Stop with the hate mail already! I had no idea so many people in my life were literary critics. To A, all I can say is "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me." I say this while silently wiping the tears that are swelling up. So sadly my dear trusted reader I bid adieu to the magical world of story telling and move back to familiar grounds of commenting on life and the many (I wanted to type : morons. masti mein yaar. I will use mammals instead) mammals (Insider workplace joke hai. You had to be there.) who grace it.

But as my swan song, here is the last story telling post. Its more on the sublime genre and definitely nuttier than my other posts. So don't say I didn't warn you. I apologise in advance. Not that I really care:)

The story begins.

“Standing alone bare, broken, I longed for a dark crevice to hide my shame, to sink deep in some abyss, maybe a bottom less pit. To disappear from his presence. His wrath or disenchantment : I know not what I fear more. Long after my time has passed I stand there. Acknowledged are the squandered minutes and the unholy hours. The frittered time stung like a bee. The promises made at the onset came back as a long forgotten dream that was always there in my subconscience. Drunk on the necatar of life - the good I could do; how as eager as a child was I to start on my own solitude. And then somehow in the journey that lasted but a second in the temporal plane, I lost sight of you and my own self. Interspersed among fleeting pleasures, golden moments all leading to hell, the darkest days that were but a test; were a few precious seconds spent within my own self. I silently bow my head, naked as I stand. Forgiveness I seek nought as my tongue wont take my side. Shameful and sorrowful at all the oportunities lost, I repent and beg to be sent back – for a chance that I know I wont get. The dice has been cast.”

"Well, poorly said. I think you tried too hard. keep it simple next time. And I don't believe in God still. Please pass me my drink and take your religious mumbo jumbo and judgement day stories elsewhere"

The story ends.

2 comments:

shabnam said...

I like the word "Mammals" :)

Unknown said...

mammals is moi's word - please put up another plagarised header for this!

IF you wanna blacklist me from this blog - i completely understand :)