Friday, June 12, 2009

Break ups

Why are we women so bloody dumb? We intend on making the same mistakes over and over again. And somehow the best ones I know attract the worse specimen of the male species. We let the guy walk all over us and then cry when he walks out. Or spend days nagging him to change and then when he does cry "Oh! you are not what you were when we first met" Or out of all the potential guys to date pick the one guy that even a blind nun living in Himalayas would identify as the 'most likely to break your heart'. And let me not even talk about turning a blind eye to obvious signs of cheating.

If he says - I will marry you as soon as I divorce her- we believe him. If he says- my marriage is over. We are just together for the kids.- we believe him. If he says- She meant nothing to me. I wont do it again- we believe. And yea how can I not mention gems like "I cheated, but I really care for you" "I would have never hurt you intentionally" "I wasn't with her when u were around. Its only when u went outta town that we dated." "We spent the whole night just talking"

As I help a broken hearted friend negotiate her way out of a bad breakup, I cant help but think very low of all u guys out there. You horrible people dont think twice before breaking someone's trust. And yes love is just another 4 letter word for you.

Post breakup getting up and moving on is hard. @A: hang in there. @Rest: Expect more male bashing posts soon.

No comments: