Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blessings (Poem by me)

They came to bless thee
Each claiming you for his own
When they couldn’t decide
Who is to be your guide
They split your soul in two

I give thee independence
The powers to do as you please
All your life choose your path
Wherever it takes thee

"I will Give", He countered
"A chance to be truly free!
Have no one to walk beside you
Traverse alone your journey"

I give thee health and a steady hand
In frailing times post youth
"I match it with an ingrate child
Whose heart will be stone to you"

Take from me loving friends
Who will care for you deep
"How about I give you just one foe
But place him deep with-in "

I grant you the love for life
For pleasures it can bring
The knowledge of the joys it holds
The wisdom to know the right things

"I", said He, "will ensure
You chase your dreams through out
You never rest; You never breathe
You never completely re-form"

Oh my child I give thee heart
The chance to feel
The devil smiled as He walked away
"This makes it an even deal"

Then you whisper Dear lord
This somehow doesn’t sound right
Can I have just one more thing
to make my burden light


My lord then said:

Oh my child for all the lost times
And all your darkest days
I give you ME to help you see

The folly of your ways

And here I place an eternal cure
For every ill you may endure
Deep in heart you will always find
Hope will never be far behind

No comments: